Visitorís Visa: Section 11(6) Spouse Of SA citizen
All visa applications have to be lodged in person at the mission in Canberra by prior appointment only.
Requirements for a Visitorís Visa [section 11 (6)]: Spouse / Life Partner of South African citizen intending to work / conduct business in South Africa.
A visa only enables the holder to proceed to a port of entry before the expiry date of the visa. The holder must comply with the applicable law, regulations and the following entry requirements of the Republic of South Africa.
No fixed travel arrangements should be made prior to the issuance of the visa and Twenty One (21) working days should be allowed for processing from receipt of the application.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE MISSION ENQUIRING THE PROGRESS OF YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL AT LEAST TWENTY ONE (21) WORKING DAYS AFTER THE MISSION HAS RECEIVED YOUR APPLICATION.
- Application form DHA-1738 fully completed signed and dated by applicant.
- Original valid machine readable Passport / Travel Document valid for no less than (30) days after the expiry of the intended visit with three (3) completely blank pages. Manually extended passports will not be accepted.
- Non-Australian passport holders, who do not have their Australian visas in their passports, must include a copy of their current valid visa.
- Two (2) recent, identical passport photographs.
- Travel itinerary showing onward / return flight details (PRELIMINARY BOOKING ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE FIRM TRAVEL BOOKING). In the case of transit purposes, proof of onward passage.
- Proof of sufficient funds by means of recently certified bank statements for the last 3 (three) months (including a day or two before application is submitted - minimum of ZAR 3000.00 per month per person) / cash available / travellers cheques.
- Medical and Radiological reports. Radiology reports not necessary for pregnant women and children 12 years and below.
- Police clearance certificate(s) in respect of all applicants 18 years or older, in respect of countries where person(s) resided one (1) year or longer, certificate must not be older than 6 months at time of submission of application.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate if the applicant travelled or intends travelling from or through a yellow fever endemic area: provided that the certificate shall not be required when the applicant travelled or intends travelling in direct transit through such area.
- A letter explaining the purpose of the visit and supporting documentation, if applicable.
- Certified copy of marriage certificate. In case of spousal relationship the following will be required:
- A notarial agreement signed by both parties attesting that the relationship has existed for at least two years before the date of application for the relevant visa / permit and that the relationship still exists to the exclusions of any other person.
- In case where a party to the spousal relationship was in a previous marriage documents have to be submitted as proof of dissolution of such marriage / relationship.
- Documentation to prove - the financial support to each other; and the extent to which the related responsibilities are shared by the applicant and his or her spouse.
- In the case of a relationship concluded between two foreigners in a foreign country, an official recognition of the relationship issued by the relevant authorities of the country concerned.
- Both partners to a homosexual or heterosexual relationship will be interviewed separately, on the same date and time, to determine the authenticity of the existence of their relationship. Appointment will be required. Once a visa/permit has been issued after a period of two years from date of issue the applicant must inform the Director General whether or not the spousal relationship still exists.
- ID / Passport copy of South African spouse / life partner (current certified copy).
- Letter of support from SA spouse / life partner in respect of application for visa and of employment to be taken up.
- Job offer and Employment contract with relevant Company in South Africa.
- Proof of registration of the Business with CIPC and proof of registration with SARS, where applicable. Business plan.
- No payment for spouse / life partner of South African citizen.
Please bring a self-addressed registered or express post envelope along with the application.
- Applications should be submitted in person at the South African High Commission, Canberra
- Documentation that accompanies the application should be original or certified copies and, if applicable, translated by a sworn translator into English.
- May only be issued for a maximum of three years.
- The original passport is required during the entire application process.
- The conditions for visas are subject to change without prior notice.
For further information, please contact this Mission between 08:30 am and 12:00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), Monday to Friday.