Visitorís Visa Less than Three (3) Months
(Please read carefully and retain for your information)
A visa only enables the holder to proceed to a port of entry before the expiry date of the visa. The holder must comply with the applicable law, regulations and the following entry requirements of the Republic of South Africa.
No fixed travel arrangements should be made prior to the issuance of the visa and Ten (10) working days should be allowed for processing from receipt of the application.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE MISSION ENQUIRING THE PROGRESS OF YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL AT LEAST TEN (10) WORKING DAYS AFTER THE MISSION HAS RECEIVED YOUR APPLICATION.
Entry will not be permitted on a one-way flight ticket. The visa may be issued for a maximum period of 90 days. Once the visa is issued, entry is to be made before the expiry date of the visa.
- Application form DHA-84 fully completed signed and dated by applicant.
- Original valid machine readable Passport / Travel Document valid for no less than (30) days after the expiry of the intended visit with three (3) completely blank pages.
- Two (2) recent, identical passport photographs.
- Travel itinerary showing onward / return flight details (PRELIMINARY
BOOKING ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE FIRM TRAVEL BOOKING). In the case
of transit purposes, proof of onward passage.
- Proof of sufficient funds by means of recently certified bank statements for the last 3 (three) months (including a day or two before application is submitted - minimum of ZAR 3000.00 per month per person) / cash available / travellers cheques.
- A cover letter by the applicant confirming the purpose and duration of the visit signed and dated. Proof of accommodation in South Africa such as hotel booking or a signed letter of invitation from the host in RSA confirming the period of stay, physical address and contact details along-with a recent certified copy of the hosts Identity document (in case of citizens) or proof of residency status in RSA i.e. copy of passport and permit (in case of residents). Scanned copies of documents will be accepted however emailed letters of invitation will not be accepted.
- For Business visits: Signed letters from the company being visited and the company abroad on company letter head confirming the particulars of the person, the program or description of activity and duration of stay in South Africa (which should not exceed 90 days). Proof of accommodation.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate if the applicant travelled or intends travelling from or through a yellow fever endemic area: provided that the certificate shall not be required when the applicant travelled or intends travelling in direct transit through such area. Please see webpage for listed countries http://www.sahc.org.au/yellow-fever.htm.
- In the case of unaccompanied minors (18 years and below) applicant must submit a letter of consent from both parents (if parents are divorced proof of sole custody of the responsible parent) certified copy of applicants full birth certificate, certified copy of the parents marriage or death certificate in the case where one of the parents is deceased, adoption papers (if applicable), certified copy of parents passports (photo page).
Where parents are travelling with a child, such parents must produce an unabridged birth certificate of the child (certified copy when applying for the visa) reflecting the particulars of the parents of the child. In the case of one parent travelling with a child, he or she must produce an unabridged birth certificate (certified copy when applying for a visa) and:
- consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent registered as a parent on the birth certificate of the child authorizing him or her to enter into or depart from the Republic with the child he or she is travelling with;
- a court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child, if he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the child (in case of sole custody) or;
- where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered as a parent of the child on the birth certificate;
Where a person is travelling with a child who is not his or her biological child, he or she must produce:
- a certified copy of the unabridged birth certificate of the child;
- an affidavit from the parents or legal guardian of the child confirming that he or she has permission to travel with the child;
- certified copies of the identity documents or passports of the parents or legal guardian of the child; and
- the contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child,
Any unaccompanied minor shall produce to the immigration officer:
- proof of consent from one of or both his or her parents or legal guardian, as the case may be, in the form of a letter or affidavit for the child to travel into or depart from the Republic: Provided that in the case where one parent provides proof of consent, that parent must also provide a copy of a court order issued to him or her in terms of which he or she has been granted full parental responsibilities and rights in respect of the child;
- a letter from the person who is to receive the child in the Republic, containing his or her residential address and contact details in the Republic where the child will be residing;
- a certified copy of the identity document or valid passport and visa or permanent residence permit of the person who is to receive the child in the Republic; and
- the contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child.
- Non-Australian passport holders who do not have their Australian visas in their passports, must include a copy of their current valid visa.
- Non-refundable Visa fee where applicable, the current fee is AU$ 47.00. Payment must be in Australian Dollars made out to the "South African High Commission" by way of Postal Money Order or Bank Cheque. List of visa fee paying countries is on the website: http://www.sahc.org.au/pdf/dha/Visa_fees.pdf. Personal cheques or credit cards are NOT accepted. Incorrect payment will not be accepted; in case of incorrect payment the cheque or postal money order will be returned to applicant.
The prescribed visa fee is NOT payable for visa endorsement on DIPLOMATIC or OFFICIAL passports.
Please bring a self-addressed registered or express post envelope along with the application.
- Applications should be submitted in person at the South African High Commission in Canberra
- Documentation that accompanies the application should be original or certified copies and, if applicable, translated by a sworn translator into English.
- The original passport is required during the entire application process.
- The conditions for visas and fees are subject to change without prior notice.
For further information, please contact this Mission between 08:30 am and 12:00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), Monday to Friday.