All visa applications have to be lodged in person at the mission in Canberra by prior appointment only.
In terms Section 19 of the South Africa Immigration Act, 2002 (Act No.13 of 2002), persons who intend to transfer within a branch, subsidiary or an affiliate company, are required to obtain an Intra-Company Transfer Work Visa.
Permits in this category are issued for a maximum period of four (4) years.
Please note: Provisional Airline bookings may
be made for the proposed departure date, however, the Mission advises
that payment should NOT be made in the event of an unsuccessful
application. The processing time is twenty one (21) working days from receipt of application if application is complete.
The following documentation is required:
- Duly completed application form signed by the applicant - DHA-1738. Application must be completed and signed in black ink only.
- Two photographs.
- A valid machine readable Passport / Travel Document valid for no less than (30) days after the expiry of the intended visit with three (3) completely blank pages. Machine readable passports which have been manually extended are not accepted for visas and for travel purposes.
- A vaccination certificate (if applicant(s) travelled trough the yellow fever belt).
- Proof of sufficient funds by means of recently certified bank statements for the last 3 (three) months (including a day or two before application is submitted - minimum of ZAR 3000.00 per month per person) / cash available / travellers cheques - to cover envisaged living expenses until the applicant receives a salary.
- Foreigners contract of employment with the company abroad valid for a period of not less than six months.
- A letter from the South African company confirming the
transfer of such foreigner from the parent / affiliated company abroad,
as well as specifying the occupation and capacity in which the
foreigner will be employed, and that the maximum duration will not
exceed four years. A current certified copy of the host's Identity document (person who signs the ICT letter).
- Letter from the employer/company abroad confirming that the
foreigner shall be transferred to a branch/affiliate company in South
- The employer shall undertake to:
- ensure the foreigner leaves South Africa at the end of 4 years
- ensure the applicant's passport is valid at all times
- the foreigner shall be employed in the position for which the permit is issued
- SA Company to provide - Measurable Skills Transfer Plan. Trainee(s) referred to in the skills transfer plan to provide: Copy of SA ID document, Current position held in the Company, Level of qualifications, Trainees CV, Applicants CV
- Medical and radiological reports (excluding pregnant women and children under 12 years of age). Report must not be older than 6 months.
- Police clearance from every country where the applicant(s) resided for 12 months or longer since the age of 18 years. Report must not be older than 6 months. Police clearance (name check) must be obtained from the Police authorities of the country concerned, police clearance certificates from other agencies will not be accepted.
- A certified copy of your Marriage certificate or completed
affidavit in the case of life partners (if spouse/partner traveling
- Certified copy of unabridged birth certificate of minor children (if traveling with applicant).
- Divorce decree (if applicable).
- Proof of legal separation (if applicable).
- Proof of custody where children are involved (if applicable).
- Consent from parent(s) (if applicable).
- Death certificate in the case of spouse (if applicable).
- Non refundable fee of AUD 167.00 payment has to be made by way of a postal money order or bank cheque payable to the South African High Commission.
Personal cheques or credit cards are NOT accepted. Incorrect payment will not be accepted; in case of incorrect payment the cheque or postal money order will be returned to applicant.
Submission of applications:
According to the new Regulations an application for any visa referred to in section 11 up to and including sections 20 and 22 of the Act must submit his or her application in person to the:
South African High Commission
Phone: (02) 6272 7300
Web Address: www.sahc.org.au
Please bring a self-addressed registered or express post envelope along with the application.
Processing time currently not available.
For further information, please contact this Mission between 08:30 am and 12:00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), Monday to Friday.