Business Visa (Existing Business)
In terms Section 15(1) of the South Africa Immigration Act No.13 of 2002 a person who intend to invest in an existing business in South Africa is required to obtain a Business Visa.
Please note: Provisional Airline bookings may be made for the proposed departure date, however, the Mission advised that payments should NOT be made in the event of an unsuccessful application. The processing time is twenty one (21) working days from receipt of application if application is complete.
In order to obtain the required permit, the following documentation is required from the applicant:
- Duly completed application form signed by the applicant - Form
- One photograph. Finger prints form.
- A valid machine readable Passport / Travel Document valid for no less than (30) days after the expiry of the intended visit with three (3) completely blank pages. Machine readable passports which have been manually extended are not accepted for visas and for travel purposes.
- A vaccination certificate if applicant travelled through the yellow fever belt of Africa and South America
- Proof of financial means in the form of:
- bank statements
- cash available, or travellers' cheques (to cover envisaged living expenses)
- Medical and radiological reports. Radiology reports not necessary for pregnant women and children 12 years and below
- Police clearance certificate(s) in respect of all applicants 18 years or older, in respect of countries where person(s) resided one (1) year or longer
An application for a business visa by a foreigner who has established a business or invested in an existing business in the Republic, shall be accompanied by:
- A certificate issued by a chartered accountant registered with the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants or a professional accountant registered with the South African Institute of Professional Accountants to the effect that:
- at least an amount in cash to be invested or to be invested in the Republic as determined from time to time, is available or already invested; or
- at least an amount in cash and a capital contribution as determined from time to time, is available or already invested;
- Proof that at least 60% of the total staff complement employed in the operations of the business are South African citizens or permanent residents employed permanently in various positions;
- Proof of registration with the:
A letter of recommendation from the Department of Trade and Industry regarding:
- South African Revenue Service;
- Unemployment Insurance Fund;
- Compensation Fund for Occupational Injuries and Diseases;
- Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission (CIPC), where legally required; and
- Relevant professional body, board or council recognised by SAQA in terms of section 13(1)(0 of the National Qualifications Framework Act, where applicable;
A foreigner who invests or has invested in an existing business shall, in addition submit:
- the feasibility of the business; and
- the contribution to the national interest of the Republic.
- financial statements in respect of the preceding financial year; and
- proof of investment
The applicant must, within 12 months of the visa being issued, submit to the Director General a letter of confirmation from the Department of Labour that 60% of the staff complement employed in the operations of the business are South African citizens or permanent residents who are employed permanently in various positions.
Non refundable fee of AUD 167.00 payment has to be made by way of a postal money order or bank cheque payable to the South African High Commission. Personal cheques or credit cards are NOT accepted. Incorrect payment will not be accepted.
Submission of applications:
According to the new Regulations an application for any visa referred to in section 11 up to and including sections 20 and 22 of the Act must submit his or her application in person to the:
South African High Commission
Phone: (02) 6272 7300
Web Address: www.sahc.org.au
Please bring a self-addressed registered or express post envelope along with the application.
Processing time is twenty one (21) working days from receipt of application if application is complete.
For further information, please contact this Mission between 08:30 am and 12:00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), Monday to Friday.