The Economic Section represents the South African Department of Trade
and Industry (DTI) in Australia and New Zealand.
The broad functions of the section are:
- Ensuring appropriate market access to Australian and New Zealand
markets for value-added South African exports
- Providing market information and other assistance to South African
companies, in particular small to medium manufacturing enterprises,
seeking markets in Australia and New Zealand;
- Positioning South Africa as an alternative investment
destination on the board room agenda of corporate Australia and
- Sourcing opportunities for technology transfer and joint
- Building of a long-term sustainable network in business and
government that ensures the bilateral trade relationship continues
into the next millennium.
Within these objectives, the Economic Section is prepared to assist
Australian and New Zealand companies source products from South Africa
and explore opportunities for fixed direct investment and joint ventures
in South Africa.
South African High Commission
Yarralumla ACT 2600
||+61 (2) 6272 7300|
||+61 (2) 6272 7365|
Please email trade and investment queries to: